YOU Are Welcome Here!
Merrill Community Arts Center is seeking 2-3 Production Managers for the 2018-2019 Woodbury Community Theatre season. Merrill Community Arts Center is growing, and is proud to announce these new positions!
The production manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the production are completed within budget, according to the designers’ and director's wishes, and in time for the first public performance. He or she oversees the cost effectiveness, coordination, scheduling, communication, recruitment, and planning of the entire production process. The Production Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with the director to scheduling rehearsals, secure production staff, coordinating orientation and Meet and Greet
- Working with the Managing Director on financial accounting of the show's expenses and revenues in accordance with budgets
- Attending Company Production Meetings the 3rd Tuesday Monthly at 6pm at 380 Rivertown Drive, Suite 200 in Woodbury
- Recruiting and Training volunteers
- Planning and Directing Load In and Strike
- Managing communications within productions
- Coordinate tech needs onsite
- Managing materials and resources
· Act as an organizer and liaison for elements of the Merrill theatrical productions
· Technical theater skills are suggested but not required
· Work a non-traditional work schedule including evenings/weekends (about 30-40 hours per production)
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and detail-oriented work habits
· Strong ability to work independently, as a collaborative team member, and dynamic leader
· Must have access to own email, computer, and transportation
· Ability to adapt and problem solve calmly in the moment
· Successful candidate will be offered the position pending clean background check because we work with children as well as adults.
· Part-time – About 30-40 Hours Per Show; $500 per show stipend.
· Varying Shifts (depending upon show schedule) Including Evenings and Weekends
TO APPLY, PLEASE INCLUDE
· Cover Letter
· 3 References
· Where you heard about us
POC/LGBTQ+/Non-binary artists are welcome and encouraged to apply