The Ashland Productions House Manager is responsible for the operation of the house before, during, and after performances. This role trains volunteer ushers on their responsibilities, ensures that the theater opens to the public on time, resolves any ticketing or patron experience issues, and welcomes patrons to Ashland. They will work with the Managing Director and the Box Office and Guest Relations Manager to ensure that Ashland’s customer service standards are met and continue to grow.
This position is part-time and compensated at $50 per performance. Ashland typically schedules 3-4 performances per weekend (Friday and Saturday evenings, Saturday and Sunday matinees), 4-6 mainstage shows per year. There is also a two month series of elementary school performances February-April with 4-6 performances per weekend. It is expected that the House Manager will be available for each performance in a schow's run (a few exceptions may be possible for previously scheduled conflicts).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Box Office and Guest Relations Manager to schedule and train ticketing and volunteer ushering staff in customer service procedures, intermission processes, and safety issues as they relate to patrons.
- Oversee theater house prior to, during and following performances.
- Work with the Ticketing Representative and Stage Manager to coordinate opening and closing the house, late seating or any reseating necessary.
- Monitor and assure smooth lobby traffic and seating of patrons.
- Address patron issues
- Set up concessions and notes during ACT I, assist in managing staffing of those tables during intermission, and breaking down during ACT II
- Record cash sales
- Prepare and distribute end-of-show house reports detailing any audience issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patrons. Verbally welcome patrons to Ashland. Take every possible step to ensure that customers have a welcoming and positive experience, even in difficult situations. Handle issues in an equitable, professional, and courteous manner.
- Share feedback from audience/patrons with the Managing Director.
- Continually evaluate current processes and practices to identify areas for improvement and advocate for change.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with live theater and performances.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to efficiently and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Remains calm in demanding situations.
- Strengths in decision-making, positivity and enthusiasm.
- Experience with PatronManager or other ticketing software is preferred but not necessary.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends (Friday and Saturday evenings, Saturday and Sunday matinees).
2021/22 Season: Elf; Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Company; Urinetown; Mary Poppins Jr
To Apply: Please send your resume and list of up to three references to [email protected] and write "House Manager" in the subject line. Please use the body of the email to briefly highlight your work experience, particularly those experiences most directly pertinent to house management.
For More information visit our website www.ashlandproductions.org
Ashland Productions empowers youth to find their voice through theater.