Audition Interns Needed
Park Square Theatre seeks two interns for the upcoming General Auditions end of January-beginning of February.
Park Square Theatre is hosting the AEA/Non-union General Audition for the 2020-21 Season for the community. Joining the Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino, Artistic Associate Jillian Robertson, and Park Square’s production directors will be local area producers, and freelance directors. Park Square is committed to programming for and collaborating with a wide range of talent. Our General Auditions is a color inclusive, ability inclusive, and gender inclusive audition.
We seek two interns to help staff this large event. The ideal candidate has an interest in casting, directing, project management, producing, or stage management. Additionally, the ideal candidate is organized, courteous, a quick learner, and well-versed in Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms, and website maintenance.
Audition Times and Location
The General Auditions will be held in Park Square Theatre’s Thrust Stage. Interns will be called at the following times:
- Sunday, January 26th 9am-6pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm)
- Monday, January 27th 11am-10pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm)
- Saturday, February 1st 9am-6pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm)
- Monday, February 3rd 11am-10pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm)
1. Available for one training session the week of January 20-24th, to be scheduled later.
2. Helps on each of the four auditions days with set up and tear down.
3. Acts at the runner, introduces each actor who auditions to the room of directors and producers, and acts as a go-between for the lobby and auditions room.
4. Receives a one-on-one meeting/advice/Q&A session with Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino.
5. Receives a $150 stipend (approximately $30/day for 5 days).
Auditions Management Intern:
1. Available for one one-hour training session the week of January 13th- 19th, to be scheduled later.
2. Helps in the office during the week of January 20-24th
3. Helps on each of the four auditions days with set up and tear down.
4. Helps to run the lobby during auditions with the Auditions Coordinator.
5. Receives a one-on-one meeting/advice/Q&A session with Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino.
6. Receives a $300 stipend (approximately $30/day for 10 days).
Please send a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] by no later than 11:59pm on January 7th. The letter should include a brief introduction to yourself, why you are interested in working on these auditions, and how you think this work may be of benefit to your future goals. The letter should be no more than 250 words long. Your resume must fit on one page.
Final applicants will receive a phone interview the week of January 6th through the 12th.
Park Square Theatre