Lakeshore Players Theatre seeks directors for our 18th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival!
At Lakeshore Players Theatre, we recognize the systemic change that needs to be made in the theatre industry to promote diversity & equity, and to celebrate inclusion. We strongly encourage actors of all races, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and backgrounds to apply for this production. We are actively investing in creating an environment that is safe, accessible and welcoming for all.
Qualifications for Directors
- Previous directing experience is encouraged but not required. All applicants must have some theatrical background (as an actor, designer, technician, etc.)
- Passion & eagerness to be daring
- Lead actors through a fun, safe, and engaging rehearsal process
- Flexibility to produce a high-quality production in a low-budget, multi-play festival with a relatively short timeline.
- Arrange their own rehearsal schedule & space (some rehearsal space/time can be arranged at Lakeshore Players)
- Serve as their own rehearsal stage manager until tech
- Provide their own costumes, props, & moveable set pieces (Lakeshore Players will provide access to their inventory as needed)
- Provide and/or make arrangements with the tech director for sound & music cues
- Maintain required communication with the Production Manager, Tech Director, and Producer throughout the production process.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have proof of vaccination in order to participate.
Sat. March 19 from 10am – 4pm: “Read Aloud Day” (Attendance encouraged)
Sat. April 2 from 11am – 5:30pm: Auditions and Casting Meeting (Mandatory)
April 9 - May 23: Director-arranged individual play rehearsals
Thurs. May 26 from 6:30pm – 10pm: Full Run-through (Mandatory)
May 30 - June 1 from 6:30pm – 10pm: Tech Rehearsals (Mandatory)
Thurs. June 2 @ 7:30pm: Preview (Attendance encouraged)
June 2 - June 12: Performance Dates
Please send a resume highlighting your directing and/or other theatrical experience & one paragraph to introduce yourself and explain why you want to direct for the 10-Minute Play Festival (no more than 250 words, please) to Rob at email@example.com. Applications are due by 4pm on Mon. February 7. All directors will be awarded a small stipend for participation.