Are you a Theater Producer? A Company Manager? A Youth Theater Extraordinaire?
Be our new Program Manager - Musicals!
Project SUCCESS is a youth-development organization that motivates and inspires students to dream about their futures, helps them create a plan to get there, and gives them the tools and support they need to achieve their goals. We work with more than 13,000 6th through 12th graders in the Minneapolis school district each year.
To view this job posting in full, visit: https://www.projectsuccess.org/news__events_/job_openings/
This position plans the season and supervises all day-to-day elements, planning, and execution of the Project SUCCESS musical production season. This includes overseeing three fully staged middle-school musicals, managing contracts and budgets, and developing other performance opportunities that arise during the year.
- Manage complex schedules and communicate changes to multiple stakeholders
- Fully manage budgets and contracting for each theatrical production with approval from the Director of Programs
- Coordinate with the school administrators, building staff and teachers at Project SUCCESS partner schools to ensure quality partnerships
- Complete regular data-entry and reporting in Salesforce
- Provide transportation for students as needed
- Develop and execute new performance opportunities including educational touring shows and other performance opportunities
- Be available for a full-time role that includes:
- Rehearsal every Monday - Friday after school until 6 pm
- Tech week rehearsal after school until 7 pm
- Evening & weekend performances
- Assist in managing and collaborating with multiple team members and independent contractors to ensure programs are conducted effectively
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Sincere passion for helping young people succeed and a strong belief in the Project SUCCESS core values and mission
- Strong belief in the transformative power of theater for young people
- Relationship-builder with students, families, staff, teachers, and schools
- Willingness to approach difficult situations in a non-judgmental manner
- Self-motivated, high energy, and positive attitude
- Enjoys challenging work in a dynamic environment
- Previous experience as a Company Manager, Production Manager, or Producer
- Highly organized and attention to detail a must; considerable planning is required
- Ability to manage a staff of independent contractors/artists
- Experience building and maintaining a production budget
- Significant experience in theatrical production within an education setting
- Ability to manage and execute simultaneous large-scale events with many different partners and moving parts
- Full-Time position
- Salary based on experience
- Excellent Benefits
- Generous PTO
EMAIL: [email protected]
- Cover Letter
- Where you heard about us
Director of Programs
Project SUCCESS is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and ethnicities.