Lyric Arts Company of Anoka is looking for smart and inspired Scenic Designers for productions in our soon-to-be-announced 2021–2022 season.
Scenic Designer stipends range from $950 to $1,500, depending on the size of the project.
For Scenic Designers, we offer:
- Help and support from two on-staff Technical Directors (especially for things like transporting furniture)
- Clear timelines and project management using Basecamp
- Scene shop on-site at the theater
- Committed crew of scene shop volunteers
- Budget for a scenic painter, when needed
And, because we know the drive to Anoka can be inconvenient for many people, we work hard to be efficient with designers’ time.
- We have only three production meetings for each show, none of which should ever be longer than 90 minutes. (Designer run is held the same night as our third meeting.)
- Our full prop and furniture inventory is cataloged online, with pictures
- We ask for 10 hours of shop time in support of the build, in whatever area you would like to make your contribution. These hours are negotiable, depending on the size of the project
Interested in knowing more? We would love to meet you! Please submit your resume and cover letter here.
Lyric Arts is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in hiring. We strongly encourage BIPOC artists, artists of all genders, and artists from underrepresented groups to apply.