Theatre in the Round Players, Inc Managing Director
- Theatre in the Round: One of the oldest live theaters in the state, Theatre in the Round Players, Inc. (TRP) has established a national reputation and has received numerous awards for artistic and managerial excellence.
Its unique arena was described in the Los Angeles Times as a model which “should be studied by everyone considering doing the same, so well does it master the pluses and minuses of the tricky in-the-round form…”
TRP’s year-round schedule of mainstage productions is produced by more than 300 volunteer artists, designers, and technicians, supported by 80+ volunteers behind the scenes — box office staff, house managers, committee and board members.
- Position: The Managing Director of Theatre in the Round upholds the values of TRP: Community; Volunteerism; Artistic Integrity; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Fiscal Responsibility. They ensure our values are embedded in day-to-day operations by honoring and building upon the successful history of TRP as a place of self-reliance, creativity and ingenuity, where volunteers, artists, and audience members feel at home. They also support TRP’s growth and evolution and the expansion of the TRP community.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, this position is at the center of the crosscurrents of information, communication and day-to-day decision making. Managing or overseeing daily operations, staff and volunteer experience, financial oversight, facility management, community engagement and fundraising, and programming and productions are all integral components of the position.
- Position Details:
- Posting Date: 6/1/2021
- Closing Date: 7/31/2021
- Employee Type: Full-time
- Position Start Date: Negotiable November 2021-Janaury 2022
- Salary: $55,000-$60,000
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Provides Work Direction to: Theatre in the Round Staff
- Schedule/Hours: Flexible, regular business hours with occasional/frequent evenings
For a complete job description go to:https://www.theatreintheround.org/opportunities/job-postings/
- To Apply: Submit resume, three references and written response to the following questions to : [email protected] Subject: Managing Director
- What is your definition of community theatre?
- Theatre in the Round is the oldest community theatre in the Twin Cities, what do you think is the value of having a theatre like this in the heart of the city?
- Describe your financial management experience; please detail budget size, staff, etc.