About the apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is a paid staff position that provides the opportunity to support the administrative and artistic aspects of the Playwrights' Center. Over the course of the year, each apprentice will serve as an administrative assistant to the membership and education department as well as work as a stage manager in approximately 15-25 new play development workshops.
Benefits of the program include
- A chance to gain working knowledge of how a nonprofit service organization runs through work with many departments
- Access to classes, seminars, and special events
- Observe trends around new play production and development around the world
- Observe a wide range of new play development and playwriting processes
- A chance to meet and work with a variety of professional theater artists, including playwrights, directors, dramaturgs, designers, and actors both from the Twin Cities and around the country
- A complimentary Playwrights' Center membership
- APRIL 1 - MAY 13, 2021
- The apprenticeship begins in August 2021 and concludes in August 2022
To apply for an apprenticeship, you will need to provide the following:
- Application form—download below
- Current résumé
- Cover letter explaining your short-term and long-term career goals, what skills you will bring to the Playwrights’ Center, and why you are interested in a year-long apprenticeship at the Playwrights’ Center.
All application materials should be e-mailed to [email protected] Please include MN PLAYLIST in the subject line of the email.
NOTE: The Playwrights' Center is unable to provide housing to apprentices. At this time, the expectation is that apprentices plan to live within driving distance of the Playwrights' Center for the 2021-22 season. The apprenticeship is paid on an hourly basis (averaging between 10-15 hours per week, and around $13/hour). Schedules allow for other part-time work.