Project Support Associate
Norcostco is a national theatrical equipment supplier and services company with its corporate location in Minneapolis. Norcostco has a diverse service portfolio. This includes: Retail Sales Division of makeup, technical, costume, and drapery; Rental Department Division including: Costumes and Technical equipment. And, Project Installation Division installing new theatrical equipment.
Norcostco is looking for a Project Support Associate. Candidates must have a working knowledge of theatrical equipment both lighting and rigging with application to renovation and new construction projects. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of theatrical knowledge and experience, a willingness to learn new skills, and the ability to thrive in a small team environment. In addition, be able to support inside project operations including drafting, submittal preparation, and other administration duties.
- Prepare CAD Drawings for projects
- Prepare project submittals document packets
- Keep project documents organized
- Process project document requests i.e. Contracts, Insurance, Bonding
- Coordinate with Project Managers
- Manage Project Invoicing, Purchase orders and Billings
- Work with other trades and contractors for coordination drawings.
Additional Desired Job Duties/Skills
- Provide Support to Inside Sales Team as need
- Supporting inside technical rental operations at Minneapolis
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Proficient in the recent versions of AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of theatre equipment as it relates to track, hardware, fastening methods, theatrical lighting and rigging integration.
- Ability to assemble project specific data sheets.
- Working Knowledge of theatrical Equipment
- Strong Phone and Digital Communication Skills
- Familiarity of Microsoft products
- Basic Accounting knowledge
Additional Desired Skills
- Understanding of AIA Billings
- Basic understanding of CRM, rental, and QuickBooks software
Job Type: Hourly; Part Time or Full Time Hourly (Depending on qualifications and current market demand) $15 to $25 hr.
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Particularly Golden Valley) but also remotely supporting our other branches
For Consideration, please send a resume, 3 contacts of recommendations and a sample of drafting work to Barry Nelson at Barry.Nelson @ norcostco.com