Rosetown Playhouse is hiring Co-Directors for our summer camps!
Rosetown Playhouse is seeking to hire two co-directors for our summer camps Dedicated to building community & creating theater, Rosetown works with Roseville Parks and Recreation every summer to produce 4, week-long summer camps for youth. Ideal staff will be "outside the box" thinkers who are good collaborators and enjoy working youth. The average camp is 15-20 participants, ranging in ages from 7-16. If enrollment is high enough, we will hire interns to assist.
Important Information and Dates:
- Location: Acorn Park (covered, open pavilion plus lots of green space)
- Dates: The weeks of July 5, 12, 19, 26
- Time: 9am-1pm, Monday-Friday
- Max amount of participants: 20
- Playwright: Kaitlen Osburn
- Week 1: Problems in Fairyland (ages 7-11), July 5-9
- Week 2: The League of Extraordinary Double Agents (ages 8-12), July 12-16
- Week 3: Stories from the Undead Pizza Joint (ages 10-16), July 19-23
- Week 4: An Otherworldly Galactic Adventure (ages 9-13), July 26-30
PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS APRIL 28th. Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please be sure to address your experience(s) working with youth in your materials. Interviews with qualified candidates will be scheduled shortly after the priority deadline.
Co-Director Role and Responsibilities
1. Embody the Rosetown Playhouse mission: To strengthen community through inclusive, playful theatre experiences. The Summer Arts camp experience will uphold the Rosetown values of quality, community, equity, and fun!
2. Develop with the co-director a curriculum plan and schedule for each day of the camp, including activities, games and production work.
3. Coordinate with co-director as to each person’s responsibilities and work with participants. Collaboration, teamwork, and communication between the two co-directors is critical to the success of these camps.
4. Work with the youth enrolled in the camp, providing a creative theatre experience based on the camp description/theme or script. Make small alterations to the script as needed to fit the participants of the week.
5. Create a fun, engaging, safe and educational environment for all students, regardless of age or skill level. Follow all COVID guidelines as set by Rosetown Playhouse and Roseville Parks & Recreation.
6. Host a performance on the last day of each week’s camp for family and friends.
7. Create a brief, typed summation of the experience working with Rosetown Playhouse, including duties done during the rehearsal and performance period and suggestions for future productions, to be turned in on the final day of camp.
8. Be responsible for the facility and equipment use, returning all equipment to where it was originally stored, leaving the theatre space orderly and clean.
9. Guide the work of the student interns to create a learning experience for them as well as their providing additional assistance with class activities.
10. Bring any concerns to the Arts Administrator (Jessica Gunzburger) or Board Liaison as or if they occur.