POSITION DESCRIPTION: Marie & Rosetta Technical Director
Park Square Theatre in Saint Paul, MN seeks a Technical Director for the upcoming production of Marie & Rosetta by George Brandt, directed by Wendy Knox with musical direction by Gary Hines. This production runs in repertory with weekday matinees of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- Final designs are due for this production on Oct 1 with set build scheduled to start Oct 15.
- Set Load Nov 5-12
- Tech Nov 16-17
- Performance run Nov 23 – Dec 30
- Strike to be schedule between Jan 3-6
Park Square Theatre is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. People under-represented in the Technical Theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
For this production, the TD plans and manages the production of all scenery and provides technical coordination of costuming, lights and sound; and supports the Artistic Director in the production of show. The position is supported by a full time ATD and a part-time Production Manager/Charge Artist
- Collaborate with Artistic Staff and each production’s creative team to develop designs that are creative, feasible for our resources, and safe
- Prep for build: engineer and draft as needed/able; schedule and hire labor; order materials and supplies
- Schedule and supervise shop labor (including construction and finishing); assist or build as appropriate
- Coordinate build and load-in so that rehearsals can safely move on set as scheduled, technical rehearsals can be fully productive, and scenic and technical elements are completed for first public performance
- Assure the highest safety standards for all direct reports, other staff and visitors in accordance with OSHA, fire inspection and worker’s compensation standards (e.g. air quality/dust collection; fire safety; equipment handling, etc.)
- Coordinate with the Production Manager and Assistant Technical Director Hire, supervise and train: Construction, Change-over and Strike, Rehearsal and Run Crews, Finish and Painting Specialists; Electricians, Programmers and Operators
- Assure timely submission and monitoring of all purchase orders/receipts, reports of all expenditures, and contracting to the appropriate staff members
- Coordinate with the Production Manager and Assistant Technical Director to cover appropriate staff and production meetings; technical and dress rehearsals; previews or initial performances
Position Title: Marie & Rosetta Technical Director
Reports To: Artistic Director
Coordinates with: Associate Artistic Director, Assistant Technical Director, Production Manager Facilities & Events Manager, Director of Finance/Operations, Executive Director, other department heads
Collaborates with: Guest Designers, Directors, and Stage Managers
Supervises: Rep Crew Head; Shop, Performance and Production Labor; Change-over Crews
Union Relationships: Actors Equity (SPT-6-10 and TYA); Musicians’ Union for traditional musicals
Status: Project Contract
Compensation: $3,000-$4,000 commensurate with skill
Submit resume , including history as a working artist, and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]. Questions may also be directed there.
Position starts immediately. Fee is $3,000-4,000.