4CT Presents SEUSSICAL AUDITIONS!
4 Community Theatre is excited to announce the summer production of Seussical! Dive into the colorful world of Dr. Seuss and sing along with your favorite characters, including the Cat in the Hat, Horton the Elephant, The Whos in Whoville, and more. Seussical will be produced at Orono Senior High School, and will perform on July 23rd, 24th, 25th, and 29th, 30th, 31st. Auditions will be held on May 13th, 14th, and 15th.
Audition Link: https://www.theaterforms.com/4CT/seussical/auditionform/
Both rehearsals and performances will be held at Orono Senior High School.
(Orono is about 5 miles west of Wayzata, MN).
Show Dates: July 23-25 & July 29-31, 2021.
Show Location: Orono High School (Orono, MN).
Character Descriptions: https://www.mtishows.com/full-cast-info/1457
- May 13, 4PM-8PM at Orono High School (Orono, MN).
- May 14, 6PM-9PM at Rockford Community Center (Rockford, MN).
- May 15, 9AM-12PM at Delano Senior Center (Delano, MN).
- May 15, 1PM-3PM VIRTUAL AUDITIONS.
- Video submissions are also welcomed at any time before May 15.
- Kelsie Balon – Director
- Claire Benway – Choreographer
- Mark Hemingway – Music Director
- Jason Koets – Pit Conductor
- Grace Happe – Stage Manager
- Taylor Weeding – Assistant Director
- Jack Neveaux – Technical Director
What Should I Prepare?
- 1-minute song selection. Please make sure to bring sheet music for the accompanist. The song does not need to be from a musical.
- 1-minute monologue or a 1-minute short story. (Neither need to be memorized.)
- Please come prepared to move, as there may be a short movement/choreography component to the auditions.
How To Prepare For Virtual Auditions:
- Please make sure that you have Zoom downloaded to your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Find a quiet and distraction-free place to audition.
- Your camera should be framed to show from your waist to the top of your head.
- Adjust your Zoom audio settings to "Use Original Sound" for best results while singing.
COVID-19 Safety Plan:
- Our organizations full COVID-19 Safety Procedures can be found here: https://4communitytheatre.org/covid-safety
- 4CT will follow the recommendations of Federal, State, and local officials on COVID-19, we are carefully implementing up-to-date Covid policies and procedures.
- The safety of our participants and audience are our highest priority in our attempts to bring performances back to our communities.
- Masks will be worn for auditions and all rehearsals.
- While we are not requiring COVID-19 vaccinations, they are strongly encouraged to ensure the safety of our cast, crew, and audiences.
Diversity and Inclusion Casting Statement
- All are welcome at 4 Community Theatre! Our organization is committed to diverse and inclusive casting for ALL of our productions. Members of BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ communities as well as those with disabilities are encouraged to audition, as are actors of all backgrounds and ability levels. In order to be more diverse and inclusive, non-traditional casting will be considered for all applicable roles.
Other Items to Note
- We do ask that each adult over age 18 who is involved with this production pass a background check. This will be paid for and organized by 4CT. This is done in order to ensure that our productions are a safe place for families and actors of all ages. Additional information can be found on our website: https://4communitytheatre.org/code-of-conduct or email your questions to [email protected]
- There is a $35/person participation fee paid to 4 Community Theatre (maximum $70/family group) due on the first day of rehearsal.
- If this is a financial struggle or will bar you from participating, this fee can be covered by 4CT. We want to ensure that our shows are accessible for all!
Questions Can Be Sent To:
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT AUDITIONS!