Position Title: Sound Engineer
Reports To: Production Manager/Technical Director
Classification: Part-time, hourly (seasonal), 25-40 hours/week depending on specific show schedules (non-exempt).
Areas of Responsibility: Production
The Sound Engineer is primarily responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the sound department and live mixing of Artistry Theater productions.
Sound Department Management
- Provides leadership, coordination, and planning of operation for the sound department and live mixing for all Artistry Theater productions.
- Coordinate and communicate with the Production Manager/Technical Director, Sound Designer, Music Director, Creative Team, and Stage Management.
- Assist acquisition, purchases, rentals, and returns of all sound materials and equipment.
- In collaboration with the Production Manager/Technical Director, assist with hiring, scheduling, and supervision of sound over hire and assistants.
- Acts as liaison to Stage Management for production notes, including monitoring show reports and rehearsal reports.
- In collaboration with the Production Manager/Technical Director, oversee the load-in and strike of all sound related materials, including but not limited to the orchestra pit, monitors, cables, microphones, etc. for each production and ensure restocking and/or reorganization as needed.
- Attend production meetings, as needed.
- Attendance at designer run, sitz and wandel probe, technical and dress rehearsals, and all performances.
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by Production Manager/Technical Director.
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, access, and anti-racism as core values.
- Knowledge of and experience in theatrical audio and live mixing.
- Skill in multitasking.
- Proactive approach to maintaining and improving organizational systems.
- Effective communication skills, including in-person, over the phone and via email.
- Strong organizational, budgeting, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work productively under time pressures and meet deadlines.
Important Dates *All dates are in 2022
Into the Woods
- Load-In: January 03 - 09
- First day of Tech: Tuesday, January 11
- First Preview: Wednesday, January 19
- Opening: Saturday, January 22
- Closing: Sunday, February 20
- Strike: February 21-22
- Load-In: April 04 - 10
- First day of Tech: Tuesday, April 12
- First Preview: Wednesday, April 20
- Opening Night: Saturday, April 23
- Closing: Sunday, May 15
- Strike: May 16-17
- Load-In: June 27 – July 03
- First day of Tech: Tuesday, July 05
- First Preview: Wednesday, July 13
- Opening Night: Saturday, July 16
- Closing: Sunday, August 22
- Strike: August 22 - 24
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please email a resume to email@example.com Attn: Sound Engineer
This position will remain open until Friday, November 26 at 5pm CST
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: At this time, all cast, crew, and staff members working with Artistry must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to show proof of vaccination to begin employment.
About the Organization
Artistry Theater and Visual Arts
We are committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable space for all to see themselves in the magic of this art form we love. Our board of directors and staff are considering our audience and artists as we put practices into place to make sure we are safe, have room to be brave and to create space that is intentional in its diversity and accessibility. We are committed to becoming a more anti-racist and equitable organization focusing on what we do best – connecting community by telling beautiful stories!
We are an award-winning producing theater and visual arts non-profit and the anchor tenant at Bloomington Center for the Arts. Strongly committed to bringing vibrant and diverse arts experiences and learning to our community, we produce a wide variety of work that informs and illuminates the South Metro.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER