The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a new 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Ordway is seeking a diverse pool of candidates for our Stage Management teams for the Ordway’s upcoming Original production of Groundhog Day.
Important Information: We prefer AEA Stage Managers who are Twin Cities Locals. Must have own housing and transportation near St. Paul MN.
Positions available for production: (1) Production Stage Manager, (2) Assistant Stage Managers.
GROUNDHOG DAY dates
First Rehearsal: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
First Performance: Tuesday, July 21, 2020
Closing Performance: Sunday, August 9, 2020
- Posting Date: 10/4/19
- Closing Date: This position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates
- Employee Type: Full-time, Temporary, Nonexempt
- Reports to: Producing Artistic Director
Key Performance Areas
- Responsible for the calling of all rehearsals, whether before or after opening.
- Work with the Director and the heads of all other departments, during rehearsal and after opening, schedule rehearsal and outside calls in accordance with Equity regulations.
- Assume active responsibility for the form and discipline of rehearsal and performance, and be the executive instrument on the technical running of performance.
- Maintain the artistic intentions of the Director and the Producer after opening, to the best of his/her ability, including calling correctional rehearsals of the company when necessary and preparation of the Understudies, Replacements, Extras and Supers, when and if the Director and/or Producer declines this prerogative
- Keep such records as are necessary to advise the Producer on matters of attendance, time health benefits or other matters relating to the rights of Equity members.
- Previous stage management experience required.
- Must be able to move quickly and freely.
- The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization.
To Apply: To apply, please visit Ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.