Position Title: Marketing & production Associate
Reports To: Artistic Director and Operations Manager
Hours: 20 hr Some nights and weekends required/Job flexibility
State date: May 22 – End date July 30
Contract temporary with potential to stay on
Compensation commensurate with experience
Teatro del Pueblo is looking for a curious and detail-oriented individual to join our fun and socially conscious committed team to make a mark in the world through by engaging community in the arts. The theater company promotes Latino culture through the creation and presentation of performing arts, multidisciplinary arts and educational programming. The production/programming associate will play an active role in the assisting in Teatro del Pueblo’s programming and productions. The candidate will assist in coordinating productions, work with interns, promote events and assist with the theater company’s programs that enrich the community we serve.
A successful applicant must be comfortable working autonomously as well as in a team-based setting. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting staff with the production, marketing, and programming related projects. The position will work along other staff members in developing, organizing, producing and marketing initiatives designed to promote Teatro’s programming. In addition, the ideal candidate for this position is creative, imaginative and will take pride in finding creative solutions, working hard, and being challenged. A basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft applications in a MAC and PC and theater experience is a plus. Experience in basic computer programs is a plus.
Responsibilities: Assist Production and Coordinate
- Assist with productions
- Project coordination
- Work with Interns
- Performs research
- Coordinate production needs.
- Supervise Interns
- Completes other projects as assigned.
- Takes pictures and videos of training events, educational touring shows and main stage performances.
- Uploads Pictures and videos to the server.
- Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations and reports on “ marketing and social media best practices”
- Completes other research projects as assigned.
- 20 hours a week (Some weekends and night required) (Job is flexible)
What We Require:
- Interest in production, Communication, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Spanish is a plus, but not necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Detail oriented and working independently
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites
- Interested in community building.
- Interested in issues of equal access to learning resources
- A generally socially conscious individual.
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
Please email a resumé, including cover letter and references to the contact information below.
Teatro del Pueblo