POSITION: Technical Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full time (40 hours/week)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Primary responsibility is the construction of sets for nine mainstage productions year-round, supervising volunteer crews.
1. Review plans with scenic designer for each production and create construction drawings when necessary. Order materials within established budgets. Organize and schedule build.
2. Supervise volunteers in building, painting, and other set work, plus safety procedures.
3. Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the sound and lighting systems when necessary.
4. Supervise strike of scenic elements.
5. Maintain tools, equipment, inventory, and an orderly scene shop.
Minimum two years’ experience as a theatre technical director and/or production manager.
Experience in working with volunteers.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent skills in organization, time management, and scheduling.
Thorough understanding of all aspects involved in technical theatre, including construction, lighting/sound equipment, rigging.
Experience preferable in working with Vectorworks, Q-Lab, AutoCAD software, as well as spreadsheets and databases.
Mechanical skills in the use of hand and power tools.
Ability preferred to make routine machine and equipment repairs.
Ability for frequent lifting of objects weighing up to 75 pounds without assistance, and periodic lifting of heavier objects with or without assistance.
Ability for prolonged and frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, and crawling.
TO APPLY: E-mail cover letter, resume, and three professional references with “TD Position” in the subject line to [email protected].