Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre
Fargo, North Dakota
Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre has a vacancy for a TD/Master Carpenter. Must be experienced and able to work independently, without direct supervision, have superior building and organizational skills, broad knowledge of all areas of technical theatre and experience with short changeovers very helpful. Knowledge of lighting and sound helpful but not required. Opportunity to design shows for this 330-seat thrust stage theatre. FMCT holds eight to ten mainstage productions each year and 4 children’s productions per year.
Artistic - In House Programming
- Coordinate with artistic staff regarding proposed FMCT programming.
- Oversee the technical direction of all in-house productions. This may include design, building and preparation of each show including sets, props, lights, and sound.
- Collaborate and communicate with all production teams on assigned design and technical needs.
- Monitor and review all technical elements of in-house programming in collaboration with the production team members to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered.
- Coordinate, oversee, and lead all production strikes.
- Responsible for maintenance and inventory of all lighting and sound equipment.
- Assist guest designers and mentor student designers when they are utilized.
- Maintain scene shop and equipment, tools, set stock, and lighting and sound equipment.
- Maintain a clean production environment, on-stage and back-stage, for FMCT programming.
- Ensure orientation and oversight of Stage Managers through coordination and implementation of a training program for volunteers.
- Assist production Stage Managers
- Work with the Artistic Director in the preparation of annual budgets for all technical production.
- Adhere to budgets set for each production, program and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure safety, education, and training of volunteers in assigned work area. Assist in coordination and implementation of safety program for staff and volunteers.
- Supervise crews (volunteers and work studies) in the completion of all assigned tasks.
- Assist in the coordinate production and build schedules, including volunteer calls.
- Supervise load-in and strike of all rental events to ensure proper safety of individuals and security of the building.
- Ensure facility remains orderly.
- Work closely with rental agents to ensure a manageable and successful production schedule related to technical needs.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three referances to [email protected]. Please, no phone calls.