Cross Community Players Summer 2018 Production
Join CCP this summer for one of Gilbert and Sullivan’s best loved works, The Pirates of Penzance! This hilarious farce of sentimental pirates, bumbling policemen, dim-witted young lovers and an eccentric Major-General is set against the stark coast of Cornwall, England. The story follows young Frederic, an orphan who has mistakenly been apprenticed to an ineffectual but raucous band of pirates. He disavows the pirates’ way of life and falls for the beautiful Mabel. Frederic’s melodious tones win over the heart of Major-General Stanley’s songbird daughter, Mabel, but when the Pirate King discovers that General Stanley has lied about being an orphan to keep the pirates from stealing all of his belongings and carrying off his bevy of beautiful daughters, an “ingenious paradox” may prevent the budding romance and lead to the death of “The very model of a modern Major-General.”
Artistic Director: Nick Albrecht
Music Director: Rosalee Allard
- Monday, March 12 ~ 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 13 ~ 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Callbacks: Thursday, March 15 ~ 6:30 p.m.
Location: Lord of Life Lutheran Church
7401 County Road 101, Maple Grove, MN 55311 – Link to map
Preparing for auditions:
Auditions for this production are open to all performers aged 15 and up.
- No appointment necessary, times are assigned first come, first serve.
- You will be asked to complete an audition form prior to auditioning. Feel free to bring an actor/singer resume to provide additional experience and training details.
- Bring a headshot (a snapshot photo is perfectly fine).
- Be prepared to provide a list of rehearsal conflicts June – July.
- Prepare 32 bars of a song that will show off your vocal strengths. Although we are not requiring a specific style of audition piece do keep in mind the style of this operetta when choosing your music.
- Prepare a 2 minute monologue.
- Come dressed for movement.
If you are interested in volunteering behind the scenes please contact us at [email protected]
Performances in July 2018