POSITION: Production & Artistic Administrator
REPORTS TO: Production Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Administrative Exempt
SALARY: $35,000-$40,000 + Partial Employer Paid Health and Dental
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Production & Artistic Administrator supports the execution and operations of Theater Latté Da productions. This position serves as a primary contact with artists, manages travel and housing, manages artistic and rental contracts, coordinates auditions, arranges special events, and generally assists the production department.
This job primarily functions during normal business hours, but nights and weekends are required throughout the year at specified times.
- Coordinate all travel and housing details for out of town artists.
- Generate, track, and collect artistic contracts in coordination with the Production Director.
- Manage contract submissions with various unions including AEA, USA, SDC, and AFM
- Serve as the company's casting associate. This includes scheduling auditions, call backs, and coordinating talent for special events and promotional appearances.
- Serve as production administrator of NEXT, TLD's new work festival, including coordinating with the creative team, stage managers, booking spaces, and overseeing the production process.
- Further develop and administer the artist alumni database.
- Coordinate artistic/production needs in coordination with the Production Director and Artistic Team for photo shoots, PR events, sneak peeks, gala, house parties, and other special events including talent, venue, and necessary props.
- Create, track, and invoice building contracts.
- Assist with All is Calm tour planning.
- Be an enthusiastic representative of Theater Latte Da inside the artistic community.
- Assist with finding other talent and personnel as required by the artistic team.
- Manage tech dinners.
- Coordinate comp ticket program with Marketing/Public Relations Associate
- Assist the Managing Director in preparing for board meetings and other tasks as required.
- Assist with production and artistic projects as needed.
- Assist with minor building maintenance projects.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Director and Managing Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years working in professional theater.
- Knowledge of professional theater from both the artistic and business perspectives required. Knowledge of theatrical unions and experience in technical theater, stage management, or production management is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities theater community
- An understanding and respect for the artistic process and the actors.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and communication skills that foster a welcoming creative environment.
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
Please submit a resume, and cover letter briefly describing your professional theater experience to [email protected]. Please use "Production & Artistic Administrator" in the subject line.
THEATER LATTE DA