Title: Development Director
Reports to: Artistic Director
Status/Classification: Part-time Independent Contractor
Pay: $4,000 annually
The Development Director will work closely with the Artistic Director and with the Board of Director’s Development Committee to set goals, develop strategy, and implement all details related to Trademark’s fundraising. A key role will be cultivating relationships with major donors, and finding new sources of funding from corporations, foundations, and government sources.
The hours required for this position will vary greatly from month to month, with an average of approximately 5 hours per week. We recognize the pay is minimal. This position is designed for an enthusiastic young professional looking to strengthen their resume and skills, and desiring to work with an exciting team of remarkable theater-makers.
About Trademark Theater
Founded in 2016 by award-winning artist Tyler Michaels King, Trademark Theater is bringing new work in new ways to new audiences. This young and thriving company is rapidly becoming a leader in developing and producing dynamic, imaginative theatrical works of the highest possible quality. Trademark provides opportunity for growth and learning focused on the exploration of the artistic process, champions the talent of local theater artists, and advocates for the support and appreciation of all new plays produced in Minnesota. www.trademarktheater.org
Development Director Job Duties
- Set goals and create strategy for all development activities, including Give to the Max Day
- Cultivate and steward a diverse portfolio of donors
- Research new potential funding sources
- Create, maintain, and track on-line data systems for patron, board and donor histories
- Maintain calendar of proposal and reporting deadlines for current, past and potential donors
- Prepare and submit reports to funders with input from appropriate staff and board committees
- Write, edit, and proof all on-line and hard copy prospecting letters
- Assist Artistic Director with scheduling meetings with foundations, corporations and donors, coordinating meeting materials and providing follow-up notes
- Plan and execute fundraising events and Opening Nights. Manage guest lists, rsvp’s, volunteers, and on-site logistics
- Ensure proper acceptance, allocation, and recognition of gifts in accordance with IRS and donor requirements
Education and Experience:
College graduate with at least one year of proven fundraising experience preferred.
Arts Management or Theater majors preferred. Professional theater experience of any kind a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-directed with excellent knowledge of fundraising basics
- Highly responsible with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Creative thinker unafraid of trying new ideas and methods of fundraising
- Excellent administrative, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise excellent diplomacy, respect and sensitivity to all constituents
- Proficient with databases for tracking and reporting
- Proficient with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent knowledge of word processing and Xcel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must enjoy working both independently and collaboratively
- Must be committed and highly flexible to the needs of a young company
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and resourceful
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Trademark Theater does not have designated offices. Incumbent must be able to perform the majority of their work from home, or from an independent location.
This position requires extensive use of the computer and telephone. The incumbent must be able to see, to hear, and to speak. Ability to travel locally required.
We are happy to answer other accessibility questions sent to [email protected]
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Position Starts: As soon as possible.
Trademark Theater encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references in Word or PDF formats to [email protected] with “Director of Development” in subject line.
Deadline: None. Position open until filled.