Job Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Marketing and Social Media Director
Status/Classification: Part-time Independent Contractor
Pay: $2,500 annual fee
The Graphic Designer serves to create innovative visual content for Trademark Theater’s marketing and communication materials including but not limited to print marketing, digital marketing, website content, social media channels, event invitations, promotional campaigns for season announcements and individual shows, video content, and other collateral as needed.
The Graphic Designer works closely with the Marketing & Social Media Director to coordinate the timely execution of all materials and content.
About Trademark Theater
Founded in 2016 by award-winning artist Tyler Michaels King, Trademark Theater is bringing new work in new ways to new audiences. This young and thriving company is rapidly becoming a leader in developing and producing dynamic, imaginative theatrical works of the highest possible quality. Trademark provides opportunity for growth and learning focused on the exploration of the artistic process, champions the talent of local theater artists, and advocates for the support and appreciation of all new plays produced in Minnesota. www.trademarktheater.org
The scope of work per season usually entails supporting one full production, 2-4 workshops/readings, and 2-4 fundraisers/private events.
Graphic Designer Duties
- Develop and create visual content to support all print and digital marketing and communications materials
- Design materials reflecting the Artistic Director’s vision for the Theater and for each individual production’s essence
- Design stylish materials for the purpose of building Trademark’s brand recognition, attracting new audiences, and supporting ticket sales goals
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in graphic design
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, or Fine Arts is welcome but not required with relevant work experience
- Professional theater marketing a plus
- Photo art directing skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong artistic skill and aesthetic sensibility
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Sketch and/or Figma
- Proficiency with social media platforms
- Flair for effective typography, hierarchy, iconography, color theory, layout, texture, and transitions
- Talent for creative photography/graphic/image-based design and composition
- Strong time/project management skills with ability to own projects from conception through final execution. Proactive and organized with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Open-minded and excited to explore innovative ways of designing
- Understands how to present and communicate the details of their creative approach. Ability to amend designs after feedback.
- Passion for growth and for helping develop a young, forward-thinking theater company
- Meticulous eye for detail
Trademark Theater does not have designated offices. Incumbent must be able to perform the majority of their work from home, or from an independent location.
This position requires extensive use of the computer. Ability to travel locally required.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Position Starts: August 1, 2020
Trademark Theater encourages candidates of all races, ethnicities, genders, and backgrounds to apply for this position. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please send cover letter, resume, portfolio showcasing work across a range of digital channels, and three references in Word or PDF formats to [email protected]
with “GRAPHIC DESIGNER” in subject line.
Deadline: None. Position open until filled.