Youth Program Leader
Northern Star Scouting seeks energetic individuals to join our Outreach Team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable, youth-development experience and mentor under-resourced elementary/middle school youth through our non-formal, hands-on curriculum. Training will be provided. Join us and make a difference in our youth and communities.
The Youth Program Leader is responsible to deliver Scouting programs at partner schools, housing communities and community centers in Minneapolis and St Paul. During the summer, programs run during both morning and afternoon timeframes, Monday through Friday. Individuals may work 20-35 hours per week, two to five days per week, depending on availability. Occasional weekends and evening opportunities available. This position can transition to the afterschool hours during the school year.
The job may be tailored as an internship if needed; it is your responsibility to determine if academic credit is available within your academic department and degree program.
- Plan, develop, and lead fun, educational and age-appropriate activities using established curriculum developed for an after-school setting
- Serve as a positive role model to youth of diverse backgrounds by fostering a positive learning environment that develops team-work, leadership, and confidence-building skills
- Must be age 18 or older
- Applicants of diverse backgrounds are warmly encouraged to apply
- Education: High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- Experience: Must have some experience working with diverse youth ages 7-16 in education, youth development, recreation, social services, or after school/community programs
- Experience with Scouts or other youth organizations is preferred, though not required
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, ability to drive personal vehicle to and from program sites, and current automobile insurance at levels of $100,000/$300,000/$100,000
- For payroll processing, you will need to download the free TimeWorksPlus mobile app and clock in and out to record all time worked
Starting hourly wage is $14.00. Reimbursement for approved mileage is provided. Benefits include training, leadership development, skills development, paid sick and safe time, free parking, great co-workers, and the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of under-served youth.
Please apply on our website: https://northernstarbsa.workbrightats.com/jobs/555049.html
For more information about Scouting in the Twin Cities, see Northern Star Scouting