ACT! Program Description: The ACT! Program (Ashland Collaborative Theatre) is Ashland Productions's elementary school outreach program. Ashland partners with elementary schools to bring a full-scale theater production opportunity to their students. Each school has two directors who lead blocking, vocal, and choreography rehearsals. Directors are provided with a script complete with blocking and choreography to teach the students. At the end of the rehearsal process, each school’s students will experience three tech rehearsals and three performances on the Ashland stage. Students perform with a full set, costumes, lighting, and sound for a truly unique experience for these young performers!
ACT! Director Job Description: ACT! Directors are responsible for conducting two 1.5 hour rehearsals per week at their school for 65 students. Directors are given all blocking and choreography instruction to implement in rehearsals. Highlighted responsibilities include:
● Preparing for rehearsals by learning blocking, choreography, and vocals
● Creating rehearsal plans that are engaging, educational, and challenging
● Developing a safe, positive, and fun learning environment for all students
● Developing behavior management plans to ensure rehearsals are safe and respectful for all students
● Teaching students the fundamentals of rehearsal and performance etiquette, theater terminology, character development, and teamwork
● Training &/or experience teaching youth in a theater environment
● Demonstrated experience in a leadership position
● Demonstrated experience teaching acting, dancing, or singing to children
● Strong communication and organizational skills a must
● Proven teamwork and collaboration skills and experience
● Desire to teach students and serve as a positive role model
Rehearsals are held either before or after school hours dependent on the school. Multiple scheduling options are available!
Stipends are given to all ACT! directors.
Please apply by Friday, August 11. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, brief cover letter, and list of 3 references to Elisa Olson: