Monica’s current news
Monica won "Best Actor in a Play" at the 2019 Las Vegas Valley Theatre Awards for her role as "Tracey" in the 2017 Pulitzer Prize-winning production of SWEAT by Lynn Nottage, produced by the Vegas Theatre Company (Cockroach Theatre)!
- AEA Actor/Singer/Dancer with decades of professional theatre experience
- 19-year proud member of Actors' Equity Association (AEA)
- Voiceover Actor (Training: The Voice Actors Studio, Las Vegas; Melissa Moats; Patrick Fraley; Brad Garrett; Jack de Golia)
- Career highlights: Winner of the 2019 Las Vegas Valley Theatre award for "Best Actor in a Play" for the role of "Tracey" in the 2017 Pulitzer Prize-winning play SWEAT by Lynn Nottage (Vegas Theatre Company/Cockroach Theatre); Sanctioned since 1998 by the estate of Patsy Cline to perform the title role in the National Tour of A CLOSER WALK WITH PATSY CLINE (Troupe America, Inc), and ALWAYS, PATSY CLINE (8-month run at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre); the role of "Singing Janis" in the 2007 IVEY AWARD-winning production of LOVE, JANIS (Ordway); all 4 roles in MENOPAUSE THE MUSICAL (10 1/2 years of National Tours, Las Vegas, Singapore, regional productions); TWELFTH NIGHT (Guthrie Theater); world premiere musicals at American Folklore Theatre (renamed Northern Sky Theatre)...to name a few.
- Self-created/produced/performed one-woman cabaret/tribute shows: WOMEN WHO ROCK; REMEMBERING PATSY CLINE; CASH & CLINE - TOGETHER AGAIN; FALLING TO PIECES; UNDER THE COVERS; and DOLLY, LINDA, PATSY & ME (one of the first produced concerts of Chanhassen's Fireside Concert Series)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) - THEATRE / DANCE - Northern Kentucky University
- Fellow - 2005 Cabaret Conference (Symposium) at Yale University
- Associate - World Voices Organization, Inc.