Calling all actors to be part of Teatro del Pueblo's acting troupe for our 2024 Season of performances and workshops!
Welcome to Teatro del Pueblo, where the stage comes alive with vibrant colors, stories, and rhythms of Latinx culture! We are a non-profit Latinx theater company on a mission to promote, celebrate, and preserve the richness of Latinx heritage through the creation and presentation of performing arts.
We have a full season of performances, professional development workshops, and programs to support emerging artists. We are looking for talented actors and storytellers to help us be a bridge to connect cultures, and through our differences, create new fusions of diverse cultural aesthetics and perspectives that make us stronger together.
Join us in celebrating Latinx and other BIPOC cultures through the transformative power of theater!
Love in a Time of Hate: A Romeo & Juliet adaptation
A mainstage production at the Luminary Arts Center!
This poignant piece explores themes of resilience, love, and unity in the face of adversity. It seeks to own Shakespeare on our terms. Through this story, we aspire to amplify marginalized voices, challenge stereotypes, and inspire conversations that lead to positive social change presenting BIPOC artists with the opportunity to engage with Shakespeare and become conduits of the story for their communities.
Rehearsals: April 15th - June 18th, 2024
Performances: June 19th - June 30th, 2024
Coco's Barrio Podcast, Season 4
A LatinX audio experience with a satirical flare
A cross between SNL and Old Time Radio Teatro del Pueblo's comedic, bi-lingual, variety show podcast, Coco's Barrio has been greenlit for another season where Latinos and friends come together to combine pop culture, social justice issues, and universal messages that affect Latinx and other BIPOC communities. Audition to join Coco's cast as she welcomes listeners to local artist interviews, satiric songs and skits, fun surprises, and much more!
Rehearsals & Studio Recordings: Start last week of March – April 2024 (schedule flexibility depends on which episodes you are cast for.)
Potential for one live performance: September 2024
Audition date, time, and location:
- What: Actors will be considered for both performance opportunities unless specified by actor.
- Where: Zion Lutheran Church, 1697 Lafond Ave, St. Paul, MN 55104
- Friday - February 23rd (3pm - 8pm),
- Saturday - February 24th (10am - 4pm)
- Potential callbacks - Monday, February 26th (5pm - 8pm)
- We’ll be auditioning for range of actors (18+) from all backgrounds. Teatro has a commitment to a diverse and inclusive casting process and is dedicated to providing equal opportunities. We encourage actors of all backgrounds to audition.
- We will be looking for 10-15 actors that have a wide range to perform Shakespeare on the mainstage and to keep an audience engaged through audio podcast formats.
- Please prepare 2 short monologues not to exceed 3-minutes each (6-minutes total). One should be a Shakespearean monologue and the other a comedic or dramatic monologue of your choice to demonstrate range.
- Sides will also be provided for potential cold readings.
- Please bring a headshot and resume with you.
- Optional: To audition for available singing roles, please prepare 16 bars to sing a song of your choice acapella.
- Optional: Please also specify whether you are proficient in any musical instruments at the time of audition.
- To submit please email us at [email protected] by February 16th with a headshot, resume, preferred audition times and whether you are interested in both opportunities or only one.
- We will then find a 15-minute slot matched to your preferred time. If slots are filled during your preferred time we will reach back out for additional options.
Compensation and expectations:
- These are all paid opportunities.
- Union and non-union actors are welcome to audition.
Please contact us at [email protected] with any additional questions you might have.