Job Title: Patron Services Representative
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
Classification: Hybrid (some remote work hours), Part-time, non-exempt
Hours: Monday–Friday, some nights and weekends, 15-25 hours/week
Hourly wage: $18.00
Minnesota Opera began in 1963 and is a leading American company, admired as an innovative creator of compelling opera productions, programs, and new works. Minnesota Opera’s vision and mission is to sing every story and to change lives by bringing together artists, audiences, and community, advancing the art of opera for today and future generations. We aim to inspire hope, empower all voices, and strengthen bonds between people of all backgrounds and identities. To this end, Minnesota Opera commits itself to working continuously to become an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization through the following actions: intentionally acknowledging and examining racism, anti-Blackness, and other discriminatory practices; promoting anti-racist and anti-oppressive ideas, values and policies that counter the oppression of any people during the education, production, promotion, and experience of opera; working towards eliminating all forms of oppression; and developing effective tools for social justice.
An entry-level, part-time position, the Patron Services Representative provides excellent customer service to all Minnesota Opera patrons via multiple channels (inbound and outbound calls, email, mail, in person) and supports daily Patron Services operations. Patron Services Representatives will possess expert knowledge of Minnesota Opera performances and events and will go above and beyond to ensure an extraordinary customer experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides exceptional, concierge-style customer service for Minnesota Opera patrons at the Opera Center, at performances, and at other events.
- Provides clear and accurate information to patrons regarding opera performances, events, and policies.
- Serves as an MN Opera ambassador by facilitating orders and responding to inquiries via multiple channels.
- Processes subscription orders, single ticket orders, exchanges, ticket donations, and contributions; ensures accuracy for financial accountability and reporting.
- Uses a sales-through-service approach in targeted outbound sales and fundraising efforts.
- Makes recommendations and upsell suggestions to help build patron affinity.
- Fields customer service issues, records feedback, and communicates pertinent information to managers.
- Assists with the maintenance of the patron database.
- Contributes to team projects by completing related tasks as needed.
This position is a good fit for someone who has:
- Ability to work flexible daytime hours, some nights, and weekends as required by the MN Opera’s schedule and sales cycles
- Exemplary customer service and sales ability (required).
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Minnesota Opera’s antiracist, anti-oppressive work
- Engaging personality, including a good work ethic, high standards, discretion, maturity, and composure.
- Strong computer skills (required), working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook (preferred).
- Ticketing, hospitality, or retail experience (preferred).
- Strong communication, quantitative, and organization skills.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Minnesota Opera is willing to teach:
- Tessitura CRM system
- POPP phone system
- Opera as an artform and associated MN Opera products, including subscriptions, single tickets, related events, and ancillaries.
- Policies and procedures specific to MN Opera
The applicant will be expected either to reside within commuting distance of the Opera Center or be willing to relocate prior to beginning work
How to apply:
Please go to mnopera.org/jobs and click the red box labeled "Learn More" under the job summary. From there, you will be asked to fill out a confidential Self ID Survey before proceeding to the next page, where you will be able to fill out the application and upload your resume and cover letter. Application materials will be sent directly to Alexis Alcala, Patron Services Manager. Individual Self ID information will be sent directly to and seen only by the HR Director, Jen Thill.
Open until filled.
Minnesota Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer