Teaching Artists Needed
Youth Performance Company seeks experienced Teaching Artists to join our summer roster. We offer weeklong camps during the summer months for grades K-12. At this time we are particularly looking for teaching artists with experience in music directing and/or choreography.
Youth Performance Company empowers youth and inspires social change through bold theatre and media arts. Through direct programming that includes productions, classes, in-school residencies, community appearances, and a leadership development component, YPC provides affordable and meaningful arts experiences for Twin Cities families, children, and teens. We help kids learn about theater, learn about themselves and make a contribution to the world around them.
- Create lesson plans to fit programming needs and goals
- Attend teaching artist training
- Give and receive feedback
- Teach various theatrical skills to students age K-12 over a five day period
- Performing arts background
- Minimum 1-2 years of teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passion and enthusiasm for young people
- Music teachers must be proficient in piano (comfortable teaching notes and playing accompaniment)
This is a part-time position, and hours vary seasonally. Our summer class season runs June 10-August 30th. Teachers are scheduled on a weekly basis.
Compensation is $35/hour.
On-site classes take place at our headquarters in St. Paul. (641 Fairview Ave. N)
Please send teaching/production resume and cover letter to Education and Outreach Coordinator, Grace Whiting - [email protected]