Westonka Community Theatre Choreographer
The WCT summer musical will be Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The show will run the last two weekends of July. Auditions for the show will be held in mid-May with rehearsals starting in June. Pre-production has already begun and this position will be expected to take part in these meetings and preparations as part of the position requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
After researching the production, create dance routines consistent with the Artistic Director’s vision for the show. Write steps down or sketch out moves to teach to the performers. Teach the steps to the performers at rehearsals. Must be able to demonstrate routines by performing the dance themselves. After showing the dancers the steps, the choreographer helps them perfect the movements, technique, and timing. Attend dance and full rehearsals, to instruct and polish the performance routines. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The choreographer will create dances that match the skill level of the cast.
- The choreographer will develop audition routines of varying skill levels to assess the skill of the cast.
- The choreographer will work in collaboration with the Artistic and Music Director to determine if cuts or revisions to the score are necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous experience as a Choreographer preferred
- High degree of creativity
- Ability to translate dance terminology into clear direction
- Leadership, patience, and kindness
Questions - email email@example.com