Doug’s current news
Doug last appeared on stage as Doctor Pinch in The Zephyr Theatre's production of The Comedy of Errors.
Doug worked full time as an actor, singer, and music director in southeast Minnesota for over ten years. He relocated to the Twin Cities three years ago to continue pursuing opportunities for acting and live performance. He majored in music at Carnegie Mellon University, and it was there that the theatre bug took hold. But his love of acting goes back to the second grade, when he was cast as the only cowboy in the school play. Favorite roles as a grownup include Pirelli in Sweeney Todd, Frank Abagnale Sr. in Catch Me If You Can, and the title role in Sherlock Holmes. He has worked with Stephanie Zimbalist and Sally Kellerman in the film His Neighbor Phil, a story about the ravaging effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
Notable roles (please see resume for complete list):
- The Robber Bridegroom -- Clement Musgrove -- Absolute Theatre
- Company -- Larry -- Shoot The Glass Theatre
- Catch Me If You Can -- Frank Abagnale Sr. -- Rochester Civic Theatre
- Art -- Serge -- Rochester Repertory Theatre
- Sherlock Holmes -- Lead -- Rochester Civic Theatre
- Sweeney Todd -- Pirelli -- Rochester Civic Theatre