Sue’s current news
- Principle role in the film, "Soiree". It pemiered March 24th-29th at The Mespies Film Festival at the Heights Theatre.
- Lead role in, "Kent", an MCTC film. It filmed in February and is in post-production.
- Featured background for an "In An Instant" episode. TBA at a later date.
- 5-Week Shakespeare Class with Alison Edwards at Remedios Creative LLC.
- Began an unscripted vlog, "LuElla", a Southern, redneck, Coen Brothers-type character speaks her mind. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjPZMWwLu4CqclntTVQaJg3OqAj2Rn_6n
- Began an unscripted vlog, "Suck It Up Sunday". A Midwest, suburban housewife, finds new ways to suck things up. https://vimeo.com/192306493, https://vimeo.com/194368601
- Continuing with the online, graduate class, THE AUDITION TECHNIQUE-GREEN ROOM, to further refine my self-tape skills, as well as further address branding and marketing techniques. Greg Apps is the instructor.
- A collection of my self-tape videos can by seen on my Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/user20782767/videos.
- Vocal training with Michael Gruber began in November.2016.
See Sue Gerver
at 6:00 pm
Sue Gerver is an actor with stage training. She has on camera credits in commercials and industrials, as well as independent features, shorts and student films. Sue also has had administrative experience as the Executive Director of the Crow River Art Center in Hutchinson, MN. In addition to performing programming for The Center, she wrote grants for the community theater and 4Shadow Theatre Company, and supervised grants for the community choir.
TWIN CITIES CREDITS THEATRE CREDITS
SNOWED INN Jennie, Daleko Arts
ANTIGONE Eurydice, Theater Coup d'Etat
AIRBAGS*** Erickson, MN FRINGE 2016
THE CHRISTIANS Choir Member, Walking Shadow
OPAL'S HUSBAND Opal, Daytrippers Dinner Theatre
NEW LOOK SHOWCASE 2015 Linda, Death of a Salesman, ACTORS WORKOUT
SERIOUSLY BUGGED, THE MUSICAL Cat/Librarian/Melody Swift, Townie, FRINGE 2015
MILK LADY'S SON Lynn, Sabes/JCC
LIVES OF THE GREAT WAITRESSES
Yetta, Theatre Unbound
SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION
Kitty, Theatre in the Round
Fisherman’s Chorus, Pillsbury House Late Night
PRINCESS DIANA, THE MUSICAL
Queen Elizabeth, Actors Theater of MN
Mrs. Mortar, Mpls. Jewish Community Center
SUMMER AND SMOKE
Mrs. Bassett, Theater in the Round
CLEAR AS DAY
Anna, Eat Street Theatre
The Prioress, Open Window Theatre
MEMORY OF WATER *GUEST ARTIST
Vi, Theatre Simpson
Indianola, IA, Nov 2014
BEYOND THE RAINBOW
Ethel Gumm, StageWest/Des Moines Playhouse
LIFE & TIMES OF THE THUNDERBOLT KID
Multiple Roles, Des Moines Playhouse
JERRY SPRINGER: THE OPERA
Studio Audience Member, StageWest
THREE TALL WOMEN
Woman A, Theatre...for a change
A LIGHT THAT BURNS
WOMEN OF LOCKERBIE
MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM
Hippolyta, Salisbury House
Marchmont, Terrace Hill
MEMORY OF WATER
SPINNING INTO BUTTER
Kenney, Des Moines Playhouse
Aunt March, Terrace Hill
SIDEWAYS STORIES FROM WAYSIDE SCHOOL
Mr./Mrs Gorf, Dr. Pickell, Miss Waloosh; Kate Goldman
THERE'S A BOY IN THE GIRL'S BATHROOM
Mrs. Ebbel; Kate Goldman
DES MOINES FRINGE FESTIVAL
Inez, FLB Productions
DES MOINES 7/11 PROJECT
Mary, Rabid Dog Theatre Co
COLLEGE: THEATRE SIMPSON
TALES OF THE LOST FORMICANS**
TO FOOL THE EYE**
LIFE'S A DREAM
OTHER THEATRE: IOWA
Sally, Union Street Players (USP)
THE FOUR POSTER
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
Mrs. Smith, Knoxville Community Theatre
OTHER THEATRE: MN
MINNESOTA THE GLASS MENAGERIE
A PERFECT MATCH
Melissa Gardner, 4Shadow
Sue graduated from Simpson College in Indianola, IA with a B.A. in Theatre Arts-Acting. Sue is currently a member of the Actor's Workout with Raye Birk at The Guthrie. She is currently receiving vocal coaching from Andrew Cooke. She also has classical, solo voice training from UW-Madison, Augusta College-Georgia & Simpson College. Sue is a current student of Cheryl Moore Brinkley for on camera acting technique. Sue has taken Improv for the Camera with John Haynes in Feb 2015. She is also taken Improv 101 with John Haynes in Feb-Mar 2015, and at Huge Theater, in Fall 2014. She completed a beginning Roy-Hart workshop in May 2013 and an Archetype workshop with Lucinda Holshue in May 2012. Sue has voiceover training from Voice Results in Jan 2015 and in Spring 2013 and from Radio Garage in Des Moines, IA in 2006. Sue also holds a B.S. in Nursing from UW-Madison.
*GUEST ARTIST, "Memory of Water", Simpson College, Indianola, IA, Nov 2014.
**Nominee for Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Competition 2002-2004. ***Encore Performance Winners.