Proud to be part of the 2018 Twin Cities Horror Festival
About the Show
As a kid, you never missed an episode of “Cousin Clem’s Magical Couch Fort.” And every Saturday morning, as you watched him enter Dream County through a magical portal, you were giddy. Well, you might’ve missed the one where someone ELSE showed up instead. When this episode aired in 1975, that “someone ELSE” not only changed the TV show’s storyline, it also transformed Dream County’s fictional inhabitants forever.
Roles We’re Casting
(Neither roles are race, gender or age specific, so we encourage ANY & EVERYONE to audition)
• FLUFFY TUFF – sizeable, slightly dopey half human/half Muppet, who’s smarter than he lets on (if you’re aiming for Patrick from Spongebob, you’re not far off).
• PIRTH DE PIRTH – high class royal servant, who impersonates 4 other royal servants (requiring a change of accents/genders/social class).
What to Prepare
Nothing, really. You’ll be reading from the sides we’re providing in this ad.
No need to memorize anything. Just be yourself.
Oh, and one of the characters you’re auditioning for.
CAVEAT: there's a PIRTH DE PIRTH monologue that requires a few accents. Maybe give that a serious look-loo before auditioning.
• 1st readthrough: Sept. 17
• Rehearsals: Mid-Sept. to end of Oct. (we’ll have a more comprehensive schedule at auditions)
• Tech: TBA
• Performances: 5 performances between Oct. 25-Nov. 4 (TBA)
Reserve an Audition Slot
When: Sunday, Sept. 9 from 1:30–8:00 pm
Where: Sandbox Theater Rehearsal Space (3109 E 42nd St, Mpls)
If times fill up (or you’re unable to attend & still want to be considered), please contact our Stage Manager, Clara: [email protected]. We’ll try to make it happen.